If you could be something other than a teacher, what would it be?

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Teaching Tisha´s English classes

 When Tisha did not show up for class first period, Johnathan and I decided we would follow the normal daily English class schedule.  He would teach his classes, and I would teach Trisha´s classes.


After checking the student´s notebooks, I could tell what lessons Trisha had already taught and what lesson I could teach today. 

Working in groups, students were to identify the correct family member and then write a sentence in their workbooks.


As the day progressed, I tried my hand at drawing the various family members, using the model in the student workbooks.   After students had completed their group work, I used my drawings and the written text to check for understanding.  Students came to the whiteboard and filled in the correct answer.... which they then read to the whole class, and the class decided if the answer was correct.

Trisha´s classes are use to working in small groups and this works very effectively in here classes.

No comments: