If you could be something other than a teacher, what would it be?

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

More on my neighborhood



This is the neighborhood of Cuzco where I live.

It's a rural neighborhood, about a 15 minute bus ride to the school where I will be teaching and 30 to 40 minute ride to downtown Cuzco.

Where I live is at the top of this hill. It's not a bad walk down the hill to catch the bus, but coming home and walking up hill... well, let's say I take it slow and easy!  The homes are brick or adobe, and even though the night time temperatures drop into the 30s, houses have no heating system. Lots of blankets, warm PJs and woolen socks help to keep the cold weather at bay!  Herds of cattle and flocks of sheep pass by where I live, leaving evidence of their having passed by....

No comments: